Is an assessment process. It refers to recognition of competencies currently held, regardless of how, when or where the learning occurred.
Please fill your details for RPL enquiries
How is Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) assessed?
This includes any combination of formal or informal training and education, work experience or general life experience.
The evidence may take a variety of forms and could include:
- References from past and current employers
- Testimonials from clients
- Work samples
- Documents used in the workplace
- Photo’s/videos performing tasks
In order to grant recognition of prior learning, the assessor must be confident that the candidate is currently competent against the endorsed industry standards and outcomes specified in Australian Qualification Framework (AQF).
The assessor must ensure that the evidence is authentic, valid, reliable, current and sufficient.
ASTA has a history in qualifying students via RPL and enabling them to become licensed in their chosen field.
Our processes are such that we will not just take your money, we want to ensure that you have the right pathway for your required outcome.
Steps in the Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) process
We ascertain that the qualification you are after does, in fact, meet your outcome requirements. We also ask you to complete a self-assessment to show us how frequently you perform the requirements of the qualification.
We ask you to complete the enrolment by supplying us details of:
- Your address
- Email and phone contact
- Education and training background
- Cultural Backgrounds
- Reason for wanting the qualification
3. WE WILL ALSO ASK FOR
- Copies of identification
- If you have other relevant experience
- If you may need assistance with the process
4. WE OUTLINE THE PROGRAM SPECIFIC DETAILS
- Whether the student wants a full qualification, skill set or individual unit
- How the program is completed
- Where gap training will take place
- Units in the program
- Pre-requisites and entry requirements
- Program duration
- Program charges including payment schedule and payment options. Students must agree to the terms and conditions before we can finalise the
5. FEE PAID
Once the enrolment fee has been paid, ASTA allocates an assessor to you and we provide an appropriate system for you to start supplying your pieces of evidence to us.
6. ASSESSOR CONTACT
The assessor will be in touch making sure your evidence is appropriate. When the assessor is satisfied with what has been supplied, the assessor will schedule a competency conversation. Once the conversation is completed, if the assessor is satisfied all of your evidence, your certification can be issued. The assessor may, however, feel that they need to conduct a site visit to watch you perform tasks in a real environment. This will then be scheduled if required.
7. GAP TRAINING
In some instances, gap training is conducted.
Certification will only be issued at the point the assessor is satisfied with all of the evidence assessed.